Monday, June 21, 2010

Whose Line is it Anyway?

The idea for this post comes from last week's message (June 13th). It seems to be my food for thought and current inspiration for spiritual adjustment.

There are two sides to the idea. The first side considers that we make God a part of our lives to enhance our own life's story, and the other side is essentially the opposite - that we make God a part of our lives so that we can be a part God's story. I know I mostly fall onto side one.

I ask God for a lot - which is OK, and I should be. However, I rarely ask God what He wants of me...usually because I'm too busy figuring out how God fits into my plans.

I hope during this trip I will pay attention to how I can fit into God's plan - one that's built on love and kindness, humility, and justice - and that I remind myself of this daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment