Tuesday, June 22, 2010

quiet wonderings.

Sitting here this morning, quiet in the midst of my giant to do list and setting aside anxious feelings about leaving Madison with a few unknowns, I question so much of why God would have me be a part of this relationship, this Peru story. And with that I wonder why I am so overwhelmingly blessed to have La Merced de Neshuya play such a big part in my story.
I like Brian's post that talks about what side of the line are we living on. I'm sure that most of the time I'm putting God in my life so He can be part of my story, when honestly isn't His story and His redeeming work on earth so much greater and fantastic than I could have even imagined, much less created for myself. In the last five years, I will have been to this little village five times, an opportunity I cannot sufficiently express how thankful I am for. I have been transformed, loved, challenged, heart broken, joyous, cared for, prayed for, sunburnt, sick, blessed, taught, encouraged, and shown practically what it means live simply and with faith that overcomes. My hope for this trip is that I can spend lots and lots of time expressing clearly to my Peruvian friends the impact they have had on my life, the ways they have taught me and shaped the woman I am, that I can laugh and cry with them as we say goodbyes, celebrating the sustainable and development goals their community has reached. I pray that God's work would be the focus throughout this trip- the work He's constantly doing in La Merced, the work He's done in my life and the lives of others. I've began to understand more in this past year that my life means nothing without the unwaivering grace of our Lord. I'm humbled at what He's done with this little girl. May I be part of His story in La Merced, what an honor is has been.

1 comment:

  1. Could not have been put in a more lovely way. My thoughts are with you and I'll be praying for you guys! Love you, Laura!

    ReplyDelete