Sunday, April 11, 2010

Loaves and Fishes

I thought it was interesting this morning, when our team leader brought up the "Loaves and Fishes" miracle. Cory and I have been confronted with one obstacle after another when it comes to this mission trip. We began with wondering if God even wanted us to go and expected him to open doors. We weren't sure if Cory's employer would allow him the time off, but again, God worked out that detail. Now our biggest obstacle, fundraising, shouldn't be that intimidating, but it is.


Loaves and fishes. Doesn't seem like much, a sack lunch really, but Christ fed thousands with it. I should be expecting him to do the same through the generosity of friends and family, but somehow, like Peter, I see the waves of lapsing time and a deadline and find myself sinking in doubt.


God, you said that if I have the faith of a mustard seed, you will move my mountains. Help me to stop fixating on the size of the mountain and focus on your faithfulness, provision for all our needs, and that you made those mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment